Tuesday, June 1, 2010

6/1/2010

Eighteen days until I reach "manhood." Travis Tribbins could learn a lot from me.

Journal: I listened to a LOT of Iron and Wine today while reading my play. I definitely feel it for the ending. And I'm having doubts about the Music for Airplanes. It just seems too calm for me. I'd rather start it off starkly, with just literal noises of an airport... Swoosh and boop and everything. I don't want to have any music in the beginning of the play, I don't think.

Grade: 100
We worked on scenes today. I'm still really happy with how my freshmen are handling everything... Lexi has great instincts and Abbi is very natural.

As for my notes... I took a lot. Some of the more interesting ones:
"Do not sink your boat before you even set sail."
"You do not CONTROL the actors, you GUIDE or DIRECT them."
"Can you go to the market and get some fish?"

And the best one: "You must tell the story under the assumption that you will have no lighting, sound or any other elements to help you out. Think of it as having a really good acoustic version of a song and then a really good, freaky Radiohead version."

No comments: