Wednesday, June 2, 2010

6/2/2010

Journal:
Audio research... Chose Sodham, South Georgia as my song. God, I love Iron and Wine. I know one of the major lessons to know is not to score your piece with something just because you like it, but it's always nice when it works for the piece AND you like it as well...

I came up with a list of sound bytes of beeps and airport noises that I will share with Daria. Still nothing on the voice though. We'll see.

Also, checked out some Christopher Riley. His cover of "Karma Police" is pretty incredible.

Grade: 100
Some notes of interest:
"Director admits when director is wrong."
"Connect your biography to the play - director's equivalent to grounding."
"Shit, you're right." - Javi's realization that his protagonist dies at the end of his play.
"An actor who isn't grabbing something to write with when I'm talking is a very anger-making, making me angry actor." (Best.)
"Do not say anything unless you're motivated to and do not stop talking unless you are cut off."

And I don't think anybody said this, but it's my own revelation of the day:
"Comfortable situations do not make for compelling drama."

No comments: